Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Piling up image files by inserting

Inserting a picture, e.g. into the sidebar field of an article works fine so far. Two things are most annoying:

1. i cannot select a graphics file imported into CD, only from disk

2. when i update the picture by inserting it again, the former instances pile-up in the article folder (pic1, pic2, pic3...) although only the last inserted is valid and needed

Advice needed. Thanks.

Patrick

Patrick Thomas
Thursday, December 20, 2001

When you choose Insert Picture (or click on the 4th tool, showing a tiny picture) there is a dropdown list at the very top which contains all the pictures that are currently in your CityDesk site. So it should be easy to reinsert a picture that is already in CityDesk.

If you want to edit a picture that is already in CityDesk, you can edit the picture -- right click on it, choose your favorite picture editor (mine is Corel), and edit there. So for example if the picture you've already inserted is a little bit too big and you want to scale it, it's better to edit the one inside CityDesk than to edit the one outside and reimport it.

Joel Spolsky

Oops, found it. Thanks.

How can I, after inserting a picture, come back to the screen where I can set "Position relative to text, width/height resize"...etc ?

Patrick Thomas

Can't be done. You have to delete the picture and reinsert it.

(Yes, we know, it's a "bug" -- actually a feature we didn't have time for.)

Joel Spolsky

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home