Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

citydesk publishes empty files

When I publish a new site over ftp, CD has no problem creating the new directory structure, and creates all the correct files.  The problem is that all the files are 0 Kb. 

I have opened up an ftp session with Internet Explorer, and dragged in a file, and it created it just fine (27 Kb).  Any ideas?

nathan
Thursday, February 12, 2004

Using http://www.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/kb/troubleshooting/FTPProblems.html as a reference, I have tried these other things:

Checked & Unchecked passive mode.  I did have my connection settings in IE set to use a proxy server.  So I changed those settings, and am no longer using a Proxy.  I deleted all the directories and empty files created and tried publishing again.

Thanks,
Nathan

nathan

I guess I should add none of those things fixed the problem.

I do have the latest IE patch where ftp://username:password@domain.com no longer works.  Don't know if that's relevant.

nathan

I published to a location on my hard drive, and tried to manually copy the files over.  Turns out that when I do that, they list the correct file size.  Then when I refresh, everything turns ot 0 bytes.  I guess it's not a CityDesk problem.  Anyone run into this kind of problem?

nathan

Found the problem.  Disk quota was full, or at the upper limit.

nathan

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home