Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

presenting folders without articles

Dear all,

I just downloaded the free Citydesk program and love it. It is simple to use, easy to understand and it does everything I need for my site.

I have one question about presenting folders. Is it possible to present only the foldernames in the front page as a link and when you click a the foldername all articles are presented in the same or a new page.

I think I can do it with normal HTML editing and linking to a page where I present only the articles in that folder, but can I do it with Citydesk so it is automaticly updated.

Hope to hear from you.

Greetings,
Jeroen Roeterd

Jeroen Roeterd
Monday, December 17, 2001

This might work for you:

{$ foreach x in (and(folder "Minutes")(not(keyword_contains "archive"))) $}{$x.headline$}
{$next$}

I have folder named "Minutes."  One of the articles is called "Minutes archive" with a keyword "archive."  The "Minutes archive" article uses the above script.  It generates this "index to all of the minutes" page:

http://mlpa.org/plan/Minutes/fog0000000054.html

Terry Kearns

I know that's not exactly what you asked but the idea is to have one article that you can use to list a folder name.

So, if you have a folder named "folder1" with an article named "folder1" that has a keyword named "foldername" you can probably do exactly what your want.

Terry Kearns

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home