Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature Request:  Publish selected .js file(s)

After making a change to a .js file there are times when all that needs publishing is that single file, rather than the entire .cty file. Unless I missed something, there appears to be no way to publish a single .js file with the current version of CD Pro (2.0.19). Instead, you must re-publish the entire .cty file.

George Illes
Tuesday, January 27, 2004

George Illes :re Publish selected .js file(s)

In the Publish dialogue I have the following options selected:

Publish for Today
and
Publish changed Files

and that work just great -- in that only my changed files get published.

However, you must be very careful what you've place in your templates ... for example: if you have something like {$ now $} Then all files will be republished regardless because {$ now $} always gets refreshed. The key is understand the impact of the various publishing variables one uses.

David Mozer

If you write your .js pages as articles (with a template that adds .js extension) you just press the publish icon while editing.  This will only publish that file.

joel goldstick

Thanks for the suggestions.

joel re: If you write your .js pages as articles (with a template that adds .js extension) you just press the publish icon while editing.

I know how to create an article with the .js "content" but I'm not sure what you mean by using a template that adds a .js extension. How do you do that?

George Illes

Create a template.. call it JS
set its extension to .js

Create an article.  Write your script in it.  Select properties and select your JS template

joel goldstick

Thanks, Joel!

George Illes

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home