Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Folder placement

Assume that the order that folders are displayed within the CityDesk file tree are important for a site you are building.

Is there a way, in the CityDesk, when you have lots of folders in the root, to place a newly created folder in the middle of a bunch of existing folders?

Everytime I try to do this, the new folder ends up inside another folder, instead being in the root.

The only way I know to do this is to create the new folder as the first folder in the root and tediously move up folder after folder until the new folder is where I want it to be.

Is there an easier and faster way?

Thompson Marzagao
Tuesday, January 27, 2004

If you put an unpublished article between each folder, select the unpublished article, and add a new folder, the new folder will appear beneath the unpublished article and not in an existing folder.

This isn't great but it will work. I use unpublished "dummy" articles for this and several other place holding functions.

tk

Good idea, but unfortunately I can't clutter the entire CityDesk file tree for my client with dummy articles... so I guess I'll have to stick with the tedious "move all folders" method.

Here you go, this is something that could be improved in the CityDesk interface. :)

Thank you.

Thompson Marzagao

I'd prefer something better too.

tk

highlight the folder.  Then Ctl-U to move it up, ctl-d to move it down.

joel goldstick

Thanks!

Maybe someone should be releasing a list of keyboard shortcuts for CityDesk? :)

Thompson Marzagao

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home