Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Web-ring for CD-pages

Since I am using CD, I also became a web surfer very much interested in other pages created using CD.

Also I know TK lists pages in his news, I would like to start a web-ring to ease surfing around and learn from other webmasters.

What do you think? Is anything like this already running?

See forward to you comments!

CU, Steffen

Dr. Steffen Steinhäuser
Monday, January 19, 2004

To get you started, here's a list of most of the sites I know of that use CityDesk:
http://cdfaq.pool-room.com/help/index.html#made

I find most people don't like webrings, because they make your site look cheesy. I doubt you'd be able to get many people to join one, especially since the total number of CityDesk sites on the web is relatively small.

But feel free to suggest additions to the above page!

Darren Collins
Monday, January 19, 2004

I don't like web rings, either.  How about a central list of CD sites everyone could pull from to list on their site as Joel does?

?
Monday, January 19, 2004

Web-rings tend to have sites that have a common theme.  And while these sites have CityDesk in common, the content of each of these sites varies widely.  I'm not sure I would want be in a ring where I'm not sure what's what from site to site.  Not that any of the sites are bad, but it just would be confusing for the readers of the site where they first found the ring.

I too prefer the list idea.  Some have a made with CityDesk site list, and makes for good reference material for us CD users.

Jeff Kolker
Monday, January 19, 2004

Steffen - I share you enthusiam for finding other City Desk sites. I like to see what other people are doing with it and I learn new things all the time from other folks in the city desk community.  I'm not really very enthused about a web ring however for the reasons other people have mentioned.

Darren and Terry's lists are good places to find other City Desk sites.

Ken McKinney
Monday, January 19, 2004

Hi all!

Thanks for your open comments "over night" (from a german point of view). I can really follow your arguments!

So I will stay in touch with Daren's CD-listing, which will give me enough to look at for the next weeks.

I hope, you didn't mind to have some non-technical thinks asked here.

CU, Steffen

Dr. Steffen Steinhäuser
Tuesday, January 20, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home