Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

problems updating

when i want to update my site (either "save and publish" on single files or "publish only changed files") i run into some trouble.

some of the files stored in the .cty are .mp3 .  whenever i try the said updating CityDesk uploads all the mp3s again and again (even though they exist on the server!).

obviously this takes a long time, and i have no idea why it happens.

gilad
Thursday, January 15, 2004

This is a very old post but it may still be true in release 2. I never tried it after I read this forum topic:

"Yep, we don't handle big files too well right now."

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=984&ixReplies=4

tk

the biggest mp3 is about 1mb.. ofcourse there are 20 of them, but in any case that shouldn't be the problem.

after they've been uploaded once there's no reason to upload them again. it's not as though there have been any changes made to them.

gilad

UGH.

I just tried a suggestion i once got here. I split the site in two. One portion has most of the site in it, and the other has the said mp3s, doc's, etc.

What a terrible idea. now all the inter-linking links (that is, a href's between the different parts) are broken. I might be able, with hours of work, to go over each and every one of them. But in the future other contributers to the site won't be able to select an article and link to it.

I'm happy i backed up. Though it's now back to square one.

Did anybody else encounter problems with having mp3s in the site?

gilad
Saturday, January 17, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home