Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

font tags appearing in Teaser

I've got my "Teaser" set up as the site description in my meta tags. Instead of re-typing text that already appears in the article, I simply did a copy and paste into the Teaser field. I found out though if you do that, CD 2.0.19 puts (font) tags in around the text.
(meta name=description content=("font size="3")(font size="3")
(/font)(/font)
(p)(font size="3") A real validation is much more than simply profiling a few of your top performers.(/font)(/p)")
(meta name=keywords content="")

The tags should read: (meta name=description content="A real validation is much more than simply profiling a few of your top performers.")

The only way to get rid of the font tags is to make a new article and type in the data for Teaser field manually.

Fred Berni
Monday, January 12, 2004

That's not the only way to get rid of the font tags - here's an easier way:

Click anywhere in the Teaser field, and hit Ctrl-A (select all), Ctrl-C (copy), then select Edit->Paste Without Formatting from the menu. That should replace everything in that field with just the plain text.

Darren Collins
Monday, January 12, 2004

Oh, and in future always use Edit->Paste Without Formatting when pasting text into these fields. It's a bit of a pain because there's no keyboard shortcut, but it avoids the whole "HTML in extras fields" issue.

It would be good if you could mark fields as text-only, so that HTML got automatically stripped out of them.

Darren Collins
Monday, January 12, 2004

The fast way to paste without formatting: Alt-E-W

tk
Monday, January 12, 2004

Thanks all!

All this time I've been using CityDesk and never once thought to use Paste without Formatting. But then, I use keyboard shortcuts almost exclusively.

Fred Berni
Wednesday, January 14, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home