Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

displaying folder name

My site is organized in folders - each folder name is the name of the section and the related pages are of course in it.

So I can use one set of templates for all the sections, I want to be able to display the name of the folder at the top of each page to indicate which section the page is in. Any ideas how to do this?

ChasInNapa
Friday, December 19, 2003

If you have an 'index' article in each folder, you could create some CityScript to pull out the headLine of the index article, using a condition that looks for and((fileName "index")  (thisFolder)). I'm not sure of the exact syntax off-hand, but I'm sure you can work out the idea.

Darren Collins
Saturday, December 20, 2003

Try a search for "breadcrumbs" on this site; it is not completely automated but a good workaround.

TH
Saturday, December 27, 2003

if you mean this:

http://tk-jk.net/city/Articles/fog0000000010.html

then yes adding text into a file in the folder is a workaround, but it's just that - a workaround, because it's not dynamic. What happens if the folder name is changed? What I (we : ) really want is way to return the folder name, which from the replies, doesn't seem possible. Thanks for responding, guys.

Chas

ChasInNapa
Friday, January 02, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home