Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Hello

I was writing a new journal article today and city desk froze up.  The enter key would not cause a new paragraph!  I deleted the article, started over, and still it wouldn't work.

What's the problem?  How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Dianne Wandruff
www.essentialimmunehealth.com

Dianne Wandruff
Thursday, December 04, 2003

It happens to me, usually after messing with images. I've reported it several times. (Windows 98 Version: 4.10  A)

Suddenly, neither the Enter nor Ctrl-Enter work anymore in article editor. When I report the problem. Enter doesn't even work in the feedback box. Shutting down CityDesk and reopening always gets it working again for me. No need to delete the article.

This happened Sunday. Daughter#1 was entering pictures into a 3-column table. ( http://kk.tk-jk.net/Articles/REI.html) After sticking the pictures in, she was going to put a few captions below pictures in some of the table cells - Enter didn't work any more. We saved the article, closed CityDesk, reopened the City file and were back in business.

tk

I have the same thing happen here from time to time. I can recall noticing it after importing pictures or inserting images into an article - but I couldn't be sure

Dan

Same bug here. Restart removes it. First time it happened, I tagged it as a keyboard fault and grabbed a new keyboard ...

David Walker

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home