Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

HTML Features in CD2

I love CD and have been using it for more than a year.  My one challenge is using the editor with articles.  Some features, like working with tables, aren't possible with the visual editor. 

How do I use an external editor when working with articles?

Any suggestions?

Daniel Mathieux
Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I do this often when tables are needed, edit in your favorite html editor and copy and paste the <body> (not the <head>) portion into the article in the html view.

You may not want to change back to normal view after doing this because your code may get disorganized.

Ron Lane

Yep. If you've got something you're working with already, switch to HTML view, CTRL +A, CTRL +C (select all, copy) then paste CTRL +A, CTRL +V (select all, paste) into the HTML view of your favorite HTML editor. Edit to your heart's content. thenre verse the process to go back to CityDesk.

Switch back to Normal view.

www.MarkTAW.com

But it would be much nicer if right-click on an article called up a list of external tools, like it does everywhere else. I can't see whay this would have been so hard to do. It would be even more useful if this worked for the fields that don't have an HTML view, like Taster and Sidebar.

Michael Wild
Friday, December 05, 2003

Tables are such a new feature, I'm sure fog creek will catch up soon ;0

me
Monday, December 08, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home