Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Inserting Graphics into Template

How can I insert a headline graphic into the top of the simple template without it word wrapping the standard headline text (which I don't want). It seems in the Template so called WYSWIG editor you cannot insert lines.
If I place the cursor to the left of the {$ .TagLine $}
and press the enter key nothing happens. I want to insert an actual graphic above it embedded in the Template.

While CityDesk has many nice features it seems to me to rely too much on the editing and inserting of HTML code, so I would find this very frustrating for end users who don't know HTML.

Dermott Renner
Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Yes, as it is with every CMS product I have ever tried, the design phase is HTML and what ever other scripting intensive, there is no way around that yet.
But you can use a tool such as Frontpage or Dreamweaver for that. My templates are never  viewed in normal mode, always html.
But after the design is done, nearly all of the content addition is with article editor, and is done with straight text, and graphics are inserted from the toolbar, etc..
You will face debugging in the design phase. CD shines because you do it all on your local machine.

Ron Lane
Wednesday, November 26, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home