Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

delte in CD = delete on web server?

When I delete an article in CD (yes, and compact), will CD delete that file from the webserver.

I don't think it does.

Perhaps something to think about for the next version.

-Bob

Bob Bloom
Friday, November 14, 2003

The file will be removed from the web server as soon as you re-publish the site. In my opinion, that's the way it should be. CD doesn't update the web server as soon as you create or edit an article, so it shouldn't do it when you remove one either.

Henrik Jernevad
Saturday, November 15, 2003

Bob :re deleted articles

I have deleted articles and on the next publish session "that" article gets deleted from the website. I have moved articles from one folder to other folders; and I have deleted folders; in each case CD has deleted the articles from the old folders etc - as well as the folders get deleted etc.

Its very easy to check if you're using a FTP client (like CuteFTP Pro). you can also use IE as an FTP client simple by entering ftp://yourdomain.site and then fill in you ID and password.

Now if this is not working for you ... ???

David Mozer
Saturday, November 15, 2003

Henrick, David,

Thank you for your replies. It's good to have this forum to confirm stuff like this.

-Bob

Bob Bloom
Sunday, November 16, 2003

What if I make two copies of the citydesk file, dividing up the articles between the two files so that my compadre and I can both work on the site from other sides of the world.

Will CityDesk necessarily remember the articles I deleted from his file and mine, thus making this collaborative scenario a bust, or should CD forget the files once I compact each file and restart?

So far, compacting and restarting has not changed CityDesk's desire to delete the files from the server.

Which is the correct behavior of CD?
thanks.
d

Diane Bryan
Friday, April 23, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home