Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

FC Website Redesign

Nice, congrats.

Patrick

Patrick Thomas
Monday, November 03, 2003

It's got a little font size problem in the problem in the blue column. I always max the size of the text in my browser. The blue part overlays the menu on the bottom.

Now we can see the favicon.ico things.

tk

What browser are you using, Firebird?

Dmitri

IE 6.0.2800.1106

It it looks just fine now. They must have fixed it.

tk

:re FC Website

Exceptionally Distinctive!

David Mozer
Tuesday, November 04, 2003

The site has some problems on my system.  Here's a screen-shot of the lower-left corner of the page:

http://www.astrocyte-design.com/fog_creek.jpg

I'm running Windows 98 and IE 5.0 at 1280 x 1024.

Alex Chernavsky

Have a look in Netscape 4.76 (the horror, the horror):

http://tk-jk.net/city/Junk/FogNetscape476.jpg

At least it's usable like that, all the links are there.

tk

IE in its 5.0 version is known for bugs in CSS support. the 5.5 and later versions work fine.

It's always the problem with "very old browsers" and CSS, but advantages of using CSS widely overcome these few drawbacks.

Only very few people go on using "very old browsers" now, because more sites are using CSS... And CSS make life easier for many other people, especially those with impaired vision. So FC made the good choice implementing them instead of "good old fashion tables"

Does the new site makes a nice use of new 2.0 version capabilities ? It would be nice to read something about this.

Vincent Benard
Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Designs that use css often limit what N4.x browsers can see.  That browser not only doesn't support much of what newer browsers support, but it also does lots of mangling.
You can keep style from N4.x browsers with the @import method of accessing a style sheet. 

And, TK, your point exactly -- it isn't as pretty, but it is totally functional to 4.x

Joel Goldstick
Wednesday, November 05, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home