Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

creating linked list of articles??

Trying to create page that lists the headings of the last 4 articles in a folder.  Problem is, my output is a running list (eg article4 article3 article2 article1) rather than a list eg
                          article4
                          article3
                          article2
                          article1
I'm using a "foreach" statement; there's a "list item" tag in front of the link which closes after the link.  I have the "unordered list" tag before the "foreach" statement, and it closes after the "next" statment.

I've already tried to simply use the paragraph formatting tags P and BR and they don't work.

Got any ideas??? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

jane howard
Tuesday, October 28, 2003

I'm not sure if this is what you mean. I use this one to generate "Recent announcements and meeting minutes" and "Recent security reports and stories" on this page:
http://mlpa.org

<UL>
{$ foreach 3 x in (and(folder "Minutes")(not(keyword_contains "archive"))) $}<LI>{$x.headline$}</LI>
{$next$}
</UL>

tk

Thank you... it's what I'm using... but oddly enough, while I was waiting for a response I tried working with the template applied to the page.  Once I changed the template to "none", it worked just fine.......  perhaps it was something in the template...  Silly stuff... who would have known!

Thank you for taking time to respond to me.

jane howard

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home