Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

additional toolbar

I've mentioned it before, but I'd really really really like to have a user-defineable toolbar, similar to the one in Arachnophilia where you can define what tagging a particular button inserts into the html.

Many have complained about the lack of h1, h2 tagging. This would solve this problem, plus is could be extended to incorporate stylesheet class designations.

Joel has suggested using the existing buttons as a workaround, but this is kludgey.

The toolbar could be defined as part of the template so that only the custom buttons that are necessary appear for a particular template set of articles. This would be similar to the 2.0 ability to re-label and hide Extras fields.

Please, please, please. It's a drag always having to go into the HTML to add classes, particularly for recurring tasks.

Amos
Thursday, October 23, 2003

Amos :re "additional toolbar"

I could not agree more. Great suggestion!

David Mozer

Hear, hear!

Actually, I don't care what the mechanism is; I just want a way to add CSS markup that is stylesheet-sensitive (and therefore template-dependent), and a way to make that the ONLY markup that can be added in Normal view, i.e. no <b> or <i> or <font> tags.

Of course, this means that Normal view would have to reflect the contents of the template, because users would get hopelessly confused if they formatted text as an unmarked list but got the default bullets instead.

Martha

YES! Normal view that uses your stile sheet!

Jay Kyburz
Monday, October 27, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home