Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Editing Properties and Extras

There seems to be an inconsistency in the article editing interface.  I have been able to add links and formatted text to the fields on the Extras page.  But there is no way to edit the html formatting once it is in place.  This has caused problems when I have copied and pasted lists, headers, and other formatted text into the teaser or sidebar fields.  The text originally looks similar to the copied text, but if I have to edit it, then it can easily turn messy and not be what I want.  But there isn't a way that I have found to edit the html formatting used there to fix it.  Editing the html is the best way that I have found to fix formatting snafus, such as list elements, some of which get comments, paragraph tags, or no formatting.  Also, being able to remove undesired formatting elements comes in handy when span tags get closed before the text and then duplicated, causing background colors to have breaks (between the spans) where they shouldn't (there should only be one span).

Anyway, I love CityDesk for maintaining my personal website.  Being able to edit the Extras html formatting or strip all formatting from a selection would be great! Can this be done in the current version and I'm just overlooking it?

Thanks.

Brett Hunt
Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I always have a non published article or two in each site where I diddle with content to keep from messing up the articles and extra fields. When I'm happy, I paste from there.

tk
Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Yeah, I do what TK does, keep an article somewhere that doesn't publish and use it's WYSIWYG / HTML editor to edit things that will go into extra fields, especially when i want them to contain city script.

CTRL +A and CTRL+C for copy, and CTRL+A and CTRL+V for past - CTRL + A is select all.

www.MarkTAW.com
Thursday, October 23, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home