Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

All my folders create CityDesk_External links

And those don't seem to work...
I've created two new folders at the top level, and I tried to add enumeration of those extra folders to my index.html file.
While the "built-in" Articles folder produces links that read "CityDesk_xxxx" (or something like that), my two extra folders all seem to create links that have an URL "CityDeskExternal_xxxx" and those aren't found when trying to preview it locally.

How can I manage to create folders that get treated the same as the internal "Articles" folder?? How can I add hierarchical folders to "Articles" and have the foreach statement enumerate them all (recursively)?

Thanks!
Marc

Marc Scheuner
Saturday, October 18, 2003

Marc:

I've read your post a couple of times and don't understand what your question is. What do you mean by enumerating the folders?

Amos
Monday, October 20, 2003

You can enumerate over articles, but not files.  You can't write nested loops to enumerate over articles in all of the subdirectories of a directory.  You can enumerate over any directory of articles by inserting the name of the folder in the folder condition argument.  This lets you do what you asked, but its not automatic.  Each of your scripts needs to explicitly state the folder(s) names you want to 'for each' over.

Check out the help file scripting section.

These are features people have asked about, but the way cityscript works now, they are not possible.  Maybe v3?

Joel Goldstick
Monday, October 20, 2003

My answer here http://discuss.fogcreek.com/citydesk/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=10103&ixReplies=1 may help.

Vic
Tuesday, October 21, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home