Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Firewall-Problems

Has anyone heard about problems with firewalls? My copy of Citydesk is supposed to run in a network, that is protected by a "double" firewall. The internet-server is located outside the network, that blocks signals sent by the internet-server. So: the upload is impossible!

A technician told me about a solution to use Frontpage for the upload-process. Is that a useful way?

Any idea how I could solve the problem without third-party-programs?

Alphonse

Alphonse from Germny
Friday, October 10, 2003

you can set 'passive mode' on ftp from citydesk.  That might help.  Otherwise you need to talk to your IT people

Joel Goldstick
Friday, October 10, 2003

Alphonse :re "double" firewall

The security policy behind the "double" firewall at your place of work is what is preventing CityDesk or "any" other web publishing system from doing its work. I suggest that you contact your corporate security administrator and inquiry "if" they could create a rule for your account that would enable the FTP process to be completed. You may have to get your supervisor or boss to make that enquiry.

The alternative is to find a workstation that may be on the corporate DMZ and publish your CityDesk stuff from there.

David Mozer
Friday, October 10, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home